People often ask us how the ThermaQ Wifi and Smoke + Smoke Gateway setups compare, because they want to make the right choice for their unique circumstances.
If you are trying to make the same decision, here’s what you need to know:
How They Are the Same
• Both Smoke (with the aid of its add-on, Smoke Gateway) and ThermaQ WiFi allow you to track what’s happening with your cook on your mobile device via a Wi-Fi connection. Both devices allow you to set alarms on your mobile devices.
• Both Smoke + Smoke Gateway and ThermaQ WiFi require a local Wi-Fi connection.
• Both require that your smart device be connected to the internet so they can receive temperature data.
• Both Smoke + Smoke Gateway and ThermaQ WiFi allow you to export data to a file.
• Both feature two channels with high and low alarms and continuous Min/Max displays for each channel.
How They Are Different
• Smoke uses Pro-Series® Probes with thermistor type sensors. ThermaQ is the most accurate and rugged BBQ thermometer available. It uses Type K thermocouple probes which are known for high accuracy and durability.
• There are thousands of Type K probe options available for use with ThermaQ WiFi. There are a limited number of Pro-Series probe options available to Smoke users.
• Smoke transmits data wirelessly via radio frequency up to 300 feet line-of-sight. With the aid of Gateway, Smoke transmits data to your smart device via a Wi-Fi connection. ThermaQ WiFi transmit data to your smart device without requiring an additional add-on device.
• ThermaQ WiFi is rated IP55, which means it is protected from limited dust ingress and from low pressure water jets from any direction with limited ingress protection. Smoke is rated IP65, which means that it is protected from total dust ingress and from low pressure water jets from any direction with limited ingress protection.
This video demonstrates how ThermaQ WiFi allows you to track your cook on your mobile device.
Smoke with Smoke Gateway
This video demonstrates how Smoke Gateway is the perfect add-on accessory for Smoke owners who want to track temperature data on their mobile device.
Would you like to know more?
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care team. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Phone: Toll Free: 800-393-6434 6am – 8pm M-F, 9am – 4pm Saturday, MT
LiveChat: 6am – 5pm M-F