Article updated on 3/4/22
Note: The easiest way to update Smoke Gateway’s firmware is through the ThermoWorks app.
To determine if your Smoke Gateway needs to be updated, turn the device on.
- If the light flashes blue every 3-4 seconds, the firmware does not need to be updated.
- If the light flashes both purple and blue, your Smoke Gateway’s firmware needs to be updated.
- If the light only flashes purple, your Smoke Gateway is not connected to your Wi-Fi router. You must connect it to Wi-Fi prior to continuing.
Here’s how the firmware update is accomplished:
1. To begin the update process, press your Smoke Gateway’s power button three times with a short, half-second delay between each press.
2. Once the firmware has updated, your Smoke Gateway’s LED will flash blue 5 times (one second apart) followed by a 15-second pause with no flashes.
3. Press Next in the ThermoWorks app when the LED is no longer flashing blue.
What to Do if the Update Doesn’t Work
If your Smoke Gateway doesn’t update the first time you try… don’t worry. The timing was likely off when you pressed the power button three times. Just try again using a slightly different time-delay between the button presses.
Note: You do not need to turn your Smoke Gateway off before retrying the firmware update!
Need More Help?
If you need additional assistance, please contact our Tech Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-385-330-0591. They’re always happy to help!