If you need to quickly verify DishTemp’s accuracy, a quick ice bath test is the easiest way.
- Fill a small mixing bowl with crushed ice and add just enough water to fill in the gaps with no ice floating.
- Allow enough height for DishTemp to be immersed just over half way.
- Insert DishTemp up to the level of the display so you can still read the digits (see below).
- Wait 3-4 minutes for DishTemp to stabilize, then read the CURRENT TEMP.
- DishTemp should read within 32°F (0°C) ±0.9°F (±0.5°C).